Packing boxes and moving them from one place to another, just to unpack them again is something that most do not enjoy. Even though moving into your new home is an exciting time the in-between work makes it a dread for anyone and everyone involved in the process. Depending on how much stuff you have collected over the years will depend on how long and how many boxes it takes to move you to your new home. If you are looking for a way to make things simpler for you during your move we have put together some helpful tips just for you!
The easiest and most efficient way to pack during your big move!
- Ask family, friends, retail, and grocery stores if they have any boxes that you can use before you go and buy any.
- Always be sure to have a roll of duct tape and a black sharpie marker to label and secure all boxes before a move. Labeling the boxes will make it easier for you to unload the boxes into their new home upon arrival.
- Be sure to pack all heavy items in smaller boxes and the lighter items in larger boxes.
- Be sure to wrap fragile items with newspaper, bubble wrap or styrofoam to help ensure nothing is broken during your move. It is always a good idea to write fragile on the box as well in case anyone besides you is moving the boxes.
- You can always pack frames or other glass items in the same box with blankets and pillows to help provide an extra soft cushion of protection.
- Always be sure to remove light bulbs from any fixtures.
- It is always a good idea to take notes while packing, especially if you are hiring a moving service to transfer boxes. You can also keep track of boxes by numbering each box after you pack it full.
- Be sure to cover the tops of all chemicals and toiletry items to prevent leakage during the move.
- Packing an overnight bag or setting aside things you will need right away will help you get a good night’s rest before unpacking all of your belongings.
- Don’t hesitate to call family and friends to help assist you in your big move!
Moving can be such a stressful time, but it doesn’t have to be! As long as you plan ahead and have some helping hands to assist you in unpacking boxes you will feel at home in no time.